Wasps In Hampton Roads: A Comprehensive Guide To Wasp Removal And Prevention
Here in Hampton Roads, people love to get outside in the summer and enjoy a nice meal or spend time with family and friends. But when wasps are buzzing around your yard, it can be hard to kick back and relax. While your first instinct may be to attempt wasp nest removal in Hampton Roads on your own, this can be very dangerous.
This blog will explore how to safely deal with wasps on your property, starting by explaining how to identify the species you have. We’ll also review the risks that come with them nesting on your property and the most effective way to remove them. Learn more about wasps and how to prevent them with the experts at PESTOUT.
Common Wasp Species: A Guide To Recognizing The Enemy
Knowing how to identify wasps can help you protect yourself from dangerous stings. The following list describes the most common types of wasps and what their nests look like to help you avoid them:
- Bald-faced hornets have black and white markings with a white-patterned face and build aerial paper nests.
- Yellow jackets are yellow and black and create nests in holes in the ground or aerial paper nests.
- Paper wasps are brown with yellow markings and construct paper nests with an umbrella shape.
- Mud daubers are usually black but occasionally have lighter markings, and they build nests out of several mud tubes.
Wasps tend to be more aggressive toward the end of summer as food becomes more scarce, and attempting to remove them on your own is dangerous. If you notice a nest on your property, contact us at PESTOUT for help safely removing it.
Health Risks Of Wasp Infestations: Allergies And Other Concerns
Wasps can sting multiple times without losing their stinger. Some people have an allergy to their venom, but even people that aren’t allergic can have serious reactions to numerous stings. If someone is stung, watch for signs of hives, swelling that extends beyond the sting area, or trouble breathing.
Of the wasps on our list, mud daubers are the only ones that are solitary and are less apt to sting. The others are social wasps and will band together to defend their nests. More aggressive species can sometimes take over mud dauber nests, so the safest and best way to get rid of any wasp nests on your property is to contact a local pest control company like PESTOUT.
Expert Wasp Extermination: Swift And Effective Solutions
The sooner you remove wasps from your property, the safer everyone will be. PESTOUT provides expert wasp control in Hampton Roads to quickly get rid of wasps so you can get back to enjoying your outdoor space. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule an inspection.
Effective Wasp-Proofing: Practical Tips To Prevent Wasp Infestations
After we remove wasps from your property, you can take steps to avoid attracting them again. Here are some practical wasp prevention tips you can start with:
- When dining outdoors, keep food covered and thoroughly clean the area after your meal.
- Garbage bags should be tightly tied and placed in receptacles with secure lids.
- Avoid wearing sweet-smelling perfumes or lotions when spending time outside.
- Consider removing hummingbird feeders because the sweet liquid can attract wasps.
The safest and most effective wasp extermination and prevention comes from working with the pros. Our service technicians can help determine what factors on your property might attract wasps to help to keep them from returning. Call PESTOUT today for your courtesy comprehensive inspection or to schedule a home pest control service.