How To Get Rid Of Ants
Get rid of ants in your house with PESTOUT, and by following these ant control tips. Ants forage for food and water, and your home is the perfect place to find what they’re looking for.
How can you keep ants out of your home?
First, call PESTOUT. We can treat your home to help get rid of the ants and prevent them from coming back. This includes treating your yard too! Call (757) 814-2923
Second, you need to remove food and water sources. Here are some tips.
- Keep the house clean and clean up food crumbs. Ants like the spaces between cabinets and appliances where crumbs can fall.
- Clean up pet food and urine/feces. Don’t leave pet food out in the house for long periods of time or unsealed.
- Store sugar-based food, honey, syrup, etc. in sealed containers and clean the outside surfaces.
- If you eat outside, do it away from the house.
- Fix leaky faucets inside and out. Ants are attracted to moisture which is why in addition to kitchens, you also see them in bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Check HVAC lines for moisture drips.
- Grade the yard away from the house.
- Rake leaves away from the house foundation.
- Trim back trees and bushes, so they don’t touch the house.
Types of Ants common in Hampton Roads:
- Sugar/Black/Brown Ants
- Carpenter Ants
- Red/Fire Ants
Why should you use a pest control professional over purchasing ant control products at the store?
Each year, many people accidentally poison and contaminate their house and property. Pest control technicians are trained to apply pesticides in a safe, effective manner consistent with the label, and we follow up as needed at no additional charge as part of the service. We vary pesticides and save clients time and headaches when there are stubborn infestations. We also offer different products when keeping in mind babies, pets, koi ponds, grazing animals, etc.
“Since we have been having a ton of rain around here, the ants have gotten out of control. I went to Lowe’s to get some ant control and it had zero effect. My wife suggested we call Pestout because she had heard good things. The ants were gone after two days completely. Our family had been dealing with these little monsters for weeks and PESTOUT got rid of them for good. My family highly recommends the services of this team.”